Thursday, August 16, 2007

Inside Out's animal rescue

Here is the Yellow Lab that we have named Scoot.



I wonder if I can get state funding? We have 2 more members that joined us this weekend. the first being a Rhodesian Ridge back/Pitt bull mix that our Vet estimates is 8 months to a year old. She is the sweetest dog I have ever know, and believe it or not it wasnt me that insisted she stay it was Mrs I/O. That just doesnt happen people! She is not the animal person that I am at all. The second is a Quaker Parrot that was given to us by a member in the church. Seems her son had her stashed in a dark corner of his dorm room with a cover over the cage 24/7. She took the bird from him and called us. I went to her home and loaded up the cage, stand and bird and brought her home. As soon as I opened the cage she climbed out latched hold of my shirt and climbed up to my shoulder and stayed there until I went to bed. Now no one in the house but me can handle her. She has bitten everyone that tries but as soon as I come home she screams until I come get her. The craziest thing is she puuuurs in my ear like a cat while sitting on my shoulder. My wife was joking that she has a crush on me :). I never thought myself a bird person, but I have also never had an animal claim me like this parrot has.


Anyway back to my little Doctor Doolittle theme at the house. I walked in the house after work and of course headed to the bird cage. Chica climbed out and headed for her perch on my shoulder. after talking to her for just a moment I turned around and there before me are my two dogs and out Calico cat positioning themselves for my for my attention. The whole while my wife was sitting on the couch just laughing and shaking her head. Maybe I will wake up one morning and be able to talk to them. LOL until I actually take some pictures you'll have to take my word for it that we are a motley bunch.. Happy Thursday everyone...I/O

8 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Yep you are definitely Dr. Doolittle! Glad you have such a kind, open heart and an understanding spouse!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Your house sounds a lot like mine! I'm usually a sucker for strays...but this last stray, The PK insisted we keep (now we have 4 dogs!)

You know who takes care of them, feeds them and plays with them? You know who they run to when The PK and I go outside? You guessed it. They come to me!

And I love birds. I used to have a cockatiel named Buddy (who we later found out was a girl when I came home and found an egg in the bottom of her cage). She LOVED me....she'd drink water out of my mouth and whenever I was home, she'd HAVE to be on my shoulder or my head. She also LOVED to sit on my shoulder in the shower and get all clean.

*sigh* I miss her....:(

insideout said...

PC, Cnat take anymore.. The animals in houston are passing the word that there is free room and board..

PQ we are so much alike. I am the animal care giver, feeder, designated walker and bath giver.. and she gets mad when all the animals hang out with me when i am home...

insideout said...

Ohh and I am so in love with this parrot...

Crabby said...

You guys rock. Truly. It takes a lot for an abused bird to become attached to a human being. You have to be pretty darn special, my friend

I'll rescue anything with fur or feathers. It's my biggest weakness.

Monogram Queen said...

Hey I/O I am back from the beach and in fine form! Drop by and say Hi when you can!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Psssst...did you ditch us or what???!

Monogram Queen said...

Hey I/O i've got two rescues as of last night! Wish me luck. One's health may not be so good.