Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Rants carried over to Saturday

The only thing saving today is its Friday. Today although I am also thinking its one day closer to Monday. Past couple of weeks I feel like I am stuck in the B rated version of "Ground Hog Day" with the only difference being there is a different song on the radio in the morning, and Bill learned to play the piano. Come on you remember Bill Murray in that one... I love that movie.



Last night I watched Madagascar <--- not spelled right but all those with kids or young at heart know the movie. The penguins.. still crack me up "cute and cuddly guys, cute and cuddly" cracks me up. I would actually go to the theater to see them if they made a movie staring them only.



I cant sleep lately and I cant seem to spell either. yesterday I spelled anything with an E for god sakes. I know you loose a lot as you get older, but do you get dumber with age? Do they make a pill for that? According to commercials you can get cured from anything if you take the right pill. Or until you start seeing the lawyers advertising that they are suing someone and if you have ever taken this pill you are going to die, but call us so we can get you money.. WTF?



I am going to test Crabby's theory on chocolate! She swears it works to cure a shitty mood. I am here to tell you I am in rare form today. I don't think I would go out of my way to pee on someone if they were on fire.



As most know I am a logistics director.. Kinda like calling a garbage man a sanitation engineer. He's a garbage man and I am on overpaid babysitter to a bunch of under educated people driving an 80,000 lb bullet down the interstates of America. I am serious people if you cut in front of a big truck on any road and hit your brakes tell your family to send an address and I will send flowers. I recovered a truck earlier this week from a shop up by Huntsville Tx (were we keep all killers and rapist in Tx) and drove it 30 miles back to the terminal. You would not believe some of the dumb shit cars did in front and behind me.

Well now its Saturday, I was so busy I forgot to post this. Now that I was called into work on my day off I can finish and post. That also means that I probably wont post Monday, but hey miracles do happen. I/O why are you at work on you day off? Well refer to the paragraph above. We had a fatality accident early this morning involving a car. Seems our driving was driving down I-10 heading west and all of a sudden his rig jerked really hard and he pulled over. When he got out he discovered a car wedged under his trailer. Seems a guy accelerated to almost 100 MPH on the entrance ramp and drove under our trailer. He was drug aprox 300 feet until the driver pulled over. So I had to drive out to the sight to pick up the driver. Poor guy was devastated and blaming himself. He did nothing wrong, but will probably hang it up after this. Its humbling to realize a guy in his mid 20's decided to go out and party then get in his car and hot rod around. Now his family will have to deal with the loss of a loved one. Also the driver will bear a feeling of responsibility for the rest of his life.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love "Groundhog Day" ...it's one of the very few movies that, no matter how many times I've already seen it...if it's on, I HAVE to watch it. :)

So, did the chocolate work?

And that is SO sad about the driver feeling that way about that accident...but you KNOW anyone would probably feel like that about it, even if it wasn't their fault.

insideout said...

PQ, Chocolate helped, but then Saturday I decided to quit smoking. Now I hate everyone equally! Ya the driver was all broke up about it...

Monogram Queen said...

I love "Groundhog Day" too oh, and "Uncle Buck".

Sorry you had to work on your day off. That really sucks.

That is sad about that driver too. I would feel guilty also no matter what. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I have an uncle that had the same thing happen with his log truck some years ago. It was a horrible thing...and unfortunately he was blamed for something he couldn't control. I feel for the driver...