Monday, August 6, 2007

Weekend gardener

It all started with a cobble stone path from the driveway to the front porch. As simple as moving some pavers from the backyard to the front, weeding and finally new mulch. I employed my six year old as my designated water girl. "Your job is to keep daddy supplied with a glass of ice water whenever needed." She did an awesome job to. No sooner would I put the glass down and she was off to the kitchen to refill it.

About 1 o'clock in the afternoon I decided that I wouldn't waste such a fine opportunity to get a tan. Off went the shirt and there I was sporting my overly white body to the neighborhood. For any of my neighbors that might read this I apologize for scaring your kids. Anyway back to the story, as simple a plan as I had layed out it turned into an all day ordeal. There were several times that I almost gave up. Ex specially after hearing the A/C cycling on and off, and looking through the windows at the family walking around in air conditioned paradise. I stayed at it though, and must say the flower beds look awesome. I however have third degree burns on the top off my ass from the plumber look I had going, and I am here to tell you it has been a long time since my ass has seen daylight. That story is for another time and place. Suffice it to say that the project I had lined up for Sunday didn't happen.

This morning back at work I am so sore I cant walk. Once again I pushed it to the extreme and forget that since the accident I am not the man I used to be, but I am getting there. For now though I had to break out the cane to get around. Happy Monday everyone..

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Happy Monday? Is there really such a thing??? :)

Don't feel bad...I mowed the yard on Saturday (part of it with a push mower) and thought I was going to pass out or throw up. I don't think I have EVER been that hot and sweaty in my entire life!

You cracked me up about the burned plumbers look! ;)

Crabby said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA! Er...I mean...sorry about your ass, dude. LOL!

It's been hotter than a boogie here lately. I don't even want to think how hot it was in Houston this weekend. We have such high humidity you can almost hold the air in your hands.

Nice job by your daughter. Too bad you didn't get pics. I bet she was cute as a button!

MilkMaid said...

Glad to see you back I/O!! What happened on the Harley???? Glad you are up and around.

I need an ice water girl. MilkMan thinks that is MY job for him LOL

insideout said...

PQ, the ass is hurting... cant wait till I start peeling. that might be a two part blog..I/O

Crabby. I just found out what a plumbers tan line looks like...I/O

Milkmaid, glad you found me again. I got lucky and saw Crabby comment on TKW's blog so I had to go say hi..I/O

OneHungMan said...

Funny story...thanks for visiting OneHung's blog.

Monogram Queen said...

Hey I like your new look here.
LMAO at the plumber remark! I bet it looks wonderful. The hub was pruning a tree last night and complaining of being sore this a.m. Ah the fun of Forty!